Friday, October 12, 2007

Favorite Ingredients Friday - Blonde Brownies


This recipe is from my friend, Terri Crabill. It is so rich and good! I am quite in love with Starbuck's Toffee Almond bars, and with the addition of toffee candy bars & white choc chips, this recipe comes very close! Either way, original or with the additional ingredients, it's a winner around our house every time!
Blonde Brownies
From: Bonnie Jo Crabill

1 cup sifted flour
½ tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup chopped nuts
1/3 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
½ package chocolate chips

To sifted flour, add baking powder, soda and salt. Melt butter and remove from heat. Mix in sugar and cool. Stir in egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture gradually. Spread in greased pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top.

Bake @ 350 degrees 20 to 25 minutes. Do Not Over Bake

Double the recipe for a 13 x 9 pan.
Head over to Overwhelmed's blog for more Friday recipes!

9 comments:

Kathleen Marie said...

I have never had these before. They sound delicious. I know the boys would love them.

Carey said...

This is a great recipe. Thanks fro sharing.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I can't wait to try these Heather. How much toffee and white chocolate chips do you add?

Eleisia said...

YUM! This recipe sounds delicious with chocolate chips or the toffee bars and white chocolate chips!
Mouth is watering!

Lori4squaremom said...

These sound great! I'll have to give them a try really soon! :)

Renee's Ramblings said...

This sounds great! Thanks for sharing.

Overwhelmed! said...

Yummy! I love brownies! Question for you all though, how do you get your brownies not to turn out gooey in the center and crisp on the outside edges? For some reason I have that problem every time I try to make brownies from scratch!

Thanks, Heather, for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange! I do appreciate it!

annie said...

This is a blast from the past, my mom made these a lot when I was living at home...loved them! Now I'll be craving them.
Sounds yummy!
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·’ * Annie *

Anonymous said...

Bonnie was a wonderful woman and an awesome cook - I have had a number of her recipes for years and they are all wonderful! RIP Bonnie Jo...