Friday, September 7, 2007

Yeah, I know, by 7th grade he'll be singin' a different tune . . .

Last night when I picked Colt up from the baby sitter's, our conversation went something like this-

Mom - tell me about your day, buddy.

Colt - It was bad - bad, bad, bad.

Mom - Did you have a bad day at school?

Colt - Yes, it was a very bad day

Mom - What was so bad about it?

Colt - It goes too fast! I don't want it to end. Can I go to school all day? Please? Just in the morning is not enough . . .

Mom - Well, what kinds of fun things are you doing?

Colt - Not really anything.

Mom - You don't do anything, but you need to stay all day?

Colt - Well, we play . . . . . . and we eat snacks . . . . . . . and then we play some more!

Ahhhhhh, the life of a 4-year-old. When you're 40, you usually have to pay a lot of money to get to have a day like that . . . .

No comments: