Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Pencil Me In!

Well, as of about 2 hours ago, October is full. The weekends, at least. We won't be gone every weekend, but have a few fun things planned that will either occupy our time or take us out of town.

On one hand, it seems overwhelming to look at my October calendar, and have many of the days already filled. On the other hand, I am more comfortable planning than flying by the seat of my pants, and I also know that if I don't pencil in the important stuff, the trivial stuff will weasel it's way in there, and the important stuff will get postponed or missed altogether.

In addition, I am joining Darla on a Weight Watcher's quest. For about the last year, I have been on this quest, it seems, watching all the new places the weight has found to cling onto my body. Presently, my efforts are renewed in a quest to watch this weight disappear from my body. Now, I am not going to concentrate on how many times I've tried to lose weight and apply the Law of Diminishing Returns to my new quest - no, no, my outlook is much more positive. Instead, I am applying the For Every Action, There is an Equal and Opposite Reaction law, and giving you all fair warning that all of my lost weight will have to find somewhere to go, so you'd better watch your hineys (literally)!!!!

As if the battle of the bulge and the October hectic schedule weren't enough, Matt and I have also committed to an "eat down" of our pantry and freezer contents. We will be butchering our herd (of two) at the end of the fall, currently this meat will not even come close to fitting in our small freezer, we have Lazy Susans full of coupon deals that could not be resisted, and frankly, the amount of food in our household should be embarrassing. So, it's bread, milk, and eggs for the next month - everything else will come either from the freezer or pantry. Matt is currently at Home Depot, planning the spending of our October grocery savings, so I am forced to succeed in this venture - or find another way to pay for the bagger for the riding lawn mower.

Anyway, all this to say that, if my blog writing becomes a little bit "fractured" in the next month, I am either suffering from starvation, stressed about my upcoming schedule, or trying to figure out what I can make for dinner from Yoshida's Gourmet Sauce, fresh eggs, and maybe a toaster biscuit.

Happy Fall, Y'all!!

2 comments:

Darla said...

I know we both can do it... You are my lifeline thru this mess... & I'm here for you sister... I love it when we argue the other one out of cheating...makes it humorous... even though we are both sitting over there wandering if we could cheat & not get caught.. And don't believe Tom, I don't cave for ice cream when you aren't around & I know you don't either.. Those are his papers in our garbages.... Good luck

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Wow Heather...what a month! Good luck capitalizing on all of it :)