Friday, September 21, 2007

Favorite Ingredients Friday - Sandwich Edition



This sandwich came from one of those "spice up your child's lunchbox" in either Parents magazine or Food & Family magazine. My son loves this special treat!




Waffle & Ham Sandwich





2 frozen waffles, toasted, cooled
1 KRAFT Singles
6 slices OSCAR MAYER Shaved Smoked Ham
1/2 small apple, sliced
2 tsp. maple-flavored or pancake syrup



TOP 1 waffle with Singles, ham and apple slices. Cover with second waffle.
WRAP sandwich in plastic wrap or foil. Pour syrup into sealable plastic container. Refrigerate until ready to serve.




Head over to Overwhelmed to see more great Sandwich recipes!

7 comments:

Kim Davis said...

What a GREAT idea with the waffles - will be perfect for lunch boxes!!!

Carey said...

thats a clever idea. now if only i could get my kids to eat ham.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What a great idea! Thanks for passing it on. I love reading your blog...you have such a fun style of writing.

Kathleen Marie said...

Now this is a super must try. I love sandwiches that are a bit out of the norm...☺

Blessings!

Overwhelmed! said...

What a FUN looking sandwich! I'm definitely going to have to try this one for my son!

Thanks, Heather, for participating in my Favorite Ingredient Friday- Sandwich Edition. I do appreciate it!

Magi said...

That does look fun. My daughter loves waffles and hams, but she's into deconstructing sandwiches at the moment. I'll have to remember this one.

Renee's Ramblings said...

What a really great idea! My kids are going to love this! Thanks for sharing.