Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thankful Thursday

I love Thankful Thursday - no matter what my week has been like, it lets me put things back in perspective. I have so many blessings to be thankful for . . .

  1. I'm thankful that we had a successful craft show last weekend. On the same note, I'm thankful that our next one isn't for several more weeks - it takes a lot out of us!
  2. I'm thankful that Matt was willing to spend his Father's Day at the art show, put up with not seeing his boys on Father's Day, and was flexible to have a celebration on Monday instead.
  3. I'm thankful for the great father he is to our boys. They were so excited to give him his gifts. Chance had really concentrated on picking his out, and could barely contain himself. Colton just kind of tagged on to the things I bought, and didn't see a reason why every present couldn't be from him!
  4. I'm thankful that we got to spend some time with Judd, and that we had a fun dinner with he and Maggie.
  5. I'm thankful for flexibility at work - for a day off on Friday, and "banker's hours" when I was tired on Monday. Thanks to Darla for holding down the fort, and rescuing my Monday tiredness with lunch from Inca's!
  6. I'm thankful that our chore list is working around the house, with only minimal complaints so far. The chores are small enough each day, that it doesn't take any of us very long, but the burden of a "perfect" or even presentable house has really been lifted. Chance swept and mopped the entire kitchen and dining room tonight!!! Admittedly, it was because I told him that he had to do the floor once really good, and then he could use the new, fun Swiffer on the next round. He did a great job.
  7. I am thankful for the book of Proverbs, which is where I have been in my daily reading. There is so much wisdom there, just waiting to be gleaned.

I hope you all are having a fabulous week, with many blessings to be thankful for. If so, head over to Sting My Heart, check out other Thankful Thursday posts, and share yours with others - you'll be glad you did!

11 comments:

Denise said...

What a great thankful list, thanks for sharing.

Kim said...

Thank you for you wonderful post. It lifts the heart.

Mary said...

Great list here girl. Glad you had a good craft show. I imagine that it's alot of work. Glad you get a break before the next one. And it's awesome that your hubby took his day to help you. Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your day.

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Great list. Thanks for sharing it really blessed me. May the Lord bless you this week and always.

in his endless love,

Angel ():)

The Preacher's Wife said...

craft shows!! my favorite things EVER!

:))

Thanks for sharing..

Lisa

Diane said...

Thanks for sharing your grateful heart. It is a good thing,isn't it, to take the time to be grateful!!!

Love TT!

Diane

Terri @ In His Hands said...

Wonderful list! I've been inspired by Proverbs lately as well.
I can't imagine how much work the craft show was but I bet it was a lot of fun!

Blessings~

Leigh Gray said...

Hey - This is Leigh, the one who has the purses that Iris referred to on her blog. I just wanted you to know that if 5 people that come from Iris's blog buy a purse then I am going to give Iris the purse she is wanting so badly!! Let me know if you want to be part of Iris's gifting!!

Thank you and have a great day!

Smileplz,
Leigh Gray
www.leighgray.com
www.leighhargisgray.blogspot.com
We are blessed, now live like it!!!
618-383-4856 - cell
www.girlvillegetawaycruise.com

Love Bears All Things said...

Loved your list.
Mama Bear

Angie said...

I feel the same way about Thankful Thursdays! You have a great blog and a wonderful thankful list!
Blessings to you!
Angie

eph2810 said...

How neat that you were able to work the art show with your hubby last weekend and he didn't mind to celebrate Father's day on Monday.

How cool that you got your boys to help you around the house. It does help a lot.

Thank you so much for sharing your thankful heart with us this week.

Blessings to you and yours.