Thursday, June 7, 2007

Thankful Thursday



I'm thankful for my family. The Lord has truly blessed me with the best husband and boys, the most wonderful and supportive extended family, and many, many great friends - many that are as close as family to me.

I am thankful for Tina, and all her help with daycare. As we start into summer, she is already planning on helping get the kids to swimming lessons, keep up on reading and learning activities, and making sure they have the best summer. She is just simply the best.

I am thankful that Darla has a new diversion - it's so nice to see that carefree smile on her face ;-)

I am thankful for our new chore chart at home - it has taken some pressure off me, and put some accountability on the boys, and I think we'll all be better for it.

I am thankful that Matt and I are both willing to work on our marriage. I heard a sermon today on "Wise Families", and today's focus was on marriage. It made me very grateful that we both recognize how important our marriage relationship is, both to us and our children.

I am thankful that dinner is already done for tonight, even if it's just sandwiches to eat at the baseball game - sometimes one less thing to do is just enough!

I am thankful for Beth Moore's book Get Out of That Pit. I'm only about 1/4 of the way through it, and I'm grateful that I'm not in a pit - but also glad for her teachings on how we get there, how we get out, and how to guard yourself when you're on the edge. So far, it has been a blessing.

I'm so thankful for our of our blessings, great and small. To read more Thankful Thursday posts, visit Iris at Sting My Heart.

7 comments:

Darla said...

I'm so thankful for you and your family..... the past few weeks you have had to put up with all the drama in my life & have been right by my side ... you are a true friend... Hope the rest of the week is a good one....

allhisblessings said...

What a beautiful list. I've heard that book by Beth Moore is pretty good.

IRENE said...

This is such a beautiful list!Have a lovely week ahead.

Denise said...

Bless your thankful heart.

jennyr said...

how great to have a chore chart! if my kids are older to understand chores, i'll have this idea! nice list!

Deena said...

I've read Beth's book...but I think it's time I read it again...

thanks for posting!!

Joyce said...

I like the idea of chore chart that would be great to do when my girls get older