Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Recipe Wednesday - Bread

All right, it's bread day! Darla has a great Almond Poppy seed bread today, so be sure to check it out.

I stole this recipe from another blogger, but now I cannot remember whose it was to give proper credit. If you are reading, I'm sorry - because you have surely changed cornbread for my family, and we are so very grateful ;-)


Cornbread

2 boxes Jiffy Cornbread Mix
1 box Pound Cake

Mix all mixes, plus all ingredients listed on the box to make them in one big bowl - I think you end up with like a zillion eggs, some oil, and some milk/water. If you are trying to please Matt, you will add a can of cream corn in there somewhere, or even just a can of whole corn. If you are like me, and believe whole corn doesn't belong in cornbread anymore than whole, slimy slices of banana belong in banana bread, then just stick to the basics.

Pour into greased 9 x 13. Bake at 350* for 40 minutes.

This makes a sweet, moist cornbread. Absolutely perfect if you have some extra honey on hand, or if you know anyone who extracts like 7-8 gallons per year.

Hope you enjoy!

Update!! - Janice over at Journey to Emma joined in our recipe posts this week with a great one for Cinnabon Rolls - YUMMM!!! Check it out!

1 comment:

Cara said...

MMm, that sounds good! I'm the one who likes real corn in my corn bread in this house, hubby doesn't.