Monday, May 14, 2007

Weekend Events

Well, we had many, many happenings around our place this weekend. We celebrated my birthday, Colton's birthday, and Mother's Day - and somehow, we got it all pulled off! So, I thought I'd just share some snippets of the weekend . . .

1. Matt got me a musical birthday card that played Everybody Have Fun Tonight by Wang Chung - now come on, how long has it been since you Wang Chung-ed?? It was too cool! I don't know how many times that little Hallmark card is supposed to be able to play the song, but we used up quite a few of them over the weekend!

2. Chance made me a beautiful heart/button pin at school for Mother's Day - and then, taking after his mom just a bit, couldn't stand waiting until Sunday, so he gave it to me Thursday night!

3. Chance's school program was Thursday night - the kids did a fabulous job on a play about Nicodemus. Chance forgot to mention that he was positioned in the front row on the stage, and it took me a really long time to get past the grass-stained knees and almost high water pants, and just enjoy the show. He did a great job.

4. When we talked with Colton on Sunday morning, Matt said - "Colton, what is today?" Colt said - "I knew you were gonna ask that, and it's Sunday, and I already knew that!" Matt said - "What else is today?" Colt said - "And, I knew you were gonna ask that too, and it's my birthday, and I already knew that too, so quit asking me that!!!"

5. Matt got me a ticket to Women of Faith to see one of my favorite speakers of all time, Max Lucado! It's going to be so neat.

6. Colton decided many new things come with being 4. He needs to dress himself like a big boy, he needs to buckle his own car seat like a big boy, and he has to stop throwing fits like a baby. So far, in the first two days, we're 2 for 3 - I'll let you guess which one we're lagging behind on.

7. Chance made a spectacular diving catch in his baseball game on Friday night. Another one of those where his mom yelled with great fervor - I don't know who that crazy lady is, but I bet the people around her wish she would be quiet!

All in all, it was a fabulous weekend! We ate way too much cake and cupcakes, had a fine time giving and receiving presents, and spent some quality time with our family. It just doesn't get much better than that, this side of heaven. Thank you, Lord!

No comments: