Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thankful Thursday


I am thankful for a fun and fabulous camping weekend. For resilient friends who can have fun in spite of less-than-perfect weather. For thought provoking talks, fun games, relaxation, and good food.
I am thankful for the gorgeous weather we are having this week. Summer is here!
I am thankful that the beautiful weather has helped me to get out and walk like I should.
I am thankful for the Our Journey daily guide from Walk in the Word, which gets me started right with my bible each morning. I am thankful for their engaging writings, daily encouragement, and faith-stretching themes.
I am thankful for some fun activities coming up on our summer calendar.
I am thankful to live in the Pacific Northwest, where water, woods, mountains, camping, and scenery are just a short drive away. There is nowhere to feel closer to God than beholding the beauty of His nature--I am in awe.
I am thankful for the outlet and opportunity to express my gratitude each week - thanks, Iris!
For more Thankful Thursday posts, you can visit Sting My Heart and check them out!

15 comments:

Lynn Donovan said...

I love your list. I, too, just returned home from camping we had a blast. I had to write about our tent experience over at Christian Women Online.

Your list is great and I also relate to how amazing God's beautiful nature is. I am in awe!

Alycia said...

What a wonderful list! I agree with your thankfulness towards nature and love it also! This is my first time visiting your blog and I look forward to coming back! Have a wonderful day! Blessings!

Denise said...

Wow, such a great thankful list. Bless you dear one.

Lyndy said...

Great list and so glad you had a nice holiday.

Blessings, Lyndy

Hopeful Spirit said...

Glad you had a fun camping trip. The Pacific Northwest is a wonderful part of the country. I have a good friend near Seattle and I love to visit, esp. when it is hot and dry here in Calif. in the summer.

(BTW, my blog started out as the harbor template. I still love it . . . that lighthouse intrigues me. But I felt like I needed a change after awhile. Who knows . . . I'll probably revamp it again.)

Have a great week!

Terri said...

Wonderful list! Thanks for the link, I'm going to check that out.

Nature is so inspiring, isn't it?!

Blessings~

Heart of Wisdom said...

GOod list. Thanks for sharing. Yes summer and ain't it great. Something about being outside/ Nothing quite like it. I''m coveting your camping trip.

Full Contact, Savior-centric Livin said...

Our family loves to camp, but we don't do it enough! Hubby loves the Pacific Northwest, but I need more sun!

I'm thankful, too, for opportunities to go deeper with God.

Mary said...

Glad you had fun camping over the weekend. Being out in nature seems to open up peoples' hearts to share more intimately. Thankful Thursday is one of my favorite things to do!
Blessings on your day.

marlise said...

I was blessed by reading your list. Thanks for sharing!

Our Peculiar Life said...

Great list! have a blessed week!

Kathleen Marie said...

What a great list and I so enjoy hearing people say they love camp, trees, forests, etc... since I live at a camp/retreat center. Enjoyed your list.

Blessings to you!

Deena said...

I'd join you up North in a heartbeat if my hubby could get a job transfer...I love the Northern Pacific!!

Thanks for sharing this week!

eph2810 said...

I am happy that you had a great long weekend, despite the weather.
I think I would like the Pacific Northwest. The weather seems like what I am used to in Germany :). I think my hubby would not like it, because of the rain.
Thank you for the linkage to the devotional site. I will try to remember to check it out a little closer this up-coming weekend.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Be blessed today and always.

Love Bears All Things said...

I loved the one about nature. I feel closest to God when I am out there beholding his creation.
Thanks,
Mama Bear