1. I am thankful for our beautiful weather. I know many parts of the country are having weather that is anything but beautiful, and our gorgeous Pacific Northwest is definitely blessed!
2. I am thankful for kind, patient, and supportive baseball coaches for Chance. They really care about the kids, and work hard to make sure each one has a positive experience.
3. I am thankful that the parents on Chance's baseball team are positive and supportive. No one is negative toward players, the other team, etc. There doesn't seem to be a lot of politics on the team about who is playing where, what the batting order is, etc. Everyone is just giving it their all to make sure the kids are put first. It's neat to see.
4. I am thankful for my job. That I work with some really neat people - some of whom are great friends. We can share workloads, frustrations, triumphs, and jokes. It makes the day go so much faster to spend it with people you like to be around.
5. I am thankful for Matt. He is working so hard this week. I know he's having some hard times, being forced to choose what activities to make and which ones he can miss - he doesn't want to miss any! Still, I am thankful for the provider that he is. I am thankful for his work ethic, which doesn't allow him to slack off on the job. And, I'm thankful that the times he does have to miss things, he doesn't just blow it off - he really takes it to heart, and considers the boys' feelings.
6. I am thankful for Darla and her family. I am thankful that we can trade babysitting, boy watching, occasional daycare pickups, and even a meal here and there - it keeps us both more sane, keeps a little more money in each of our pockets, and it's just plain comforting to know there is someone you can call on day or night that you trust to help out with your kids.
7. I am thankful for my brother. That he is having a great week. That we got to have quality time with him last weekend. That we got to spend time with his girlfriend Maggie. That she has been such a perfect addition to his life so far. Lots and lots to be thankful for on that front . . .
8. On this Mother's Day weekend - I am so thankful for my mom. What a wonderful lady God placed as the head-woman-in-charge in my life. I couldn't ask for anything more . . .
9. I am thankful for Matt's mom, Verna. I'm thankful for the son that she raised--the time, energy, and love that she put into that boy really paid off!!
10. I am thankful that Maggie's Aunt Mary is in remission. I am thankful for answered prayers - whether answered how we hope for, or maybe in a completely different way. I am thankful for a sovereign God that I can praise no matter how the prayer was answered.
I hope you all have a fantastic week, with much to be thankful for. For more Thankful Thursday posts, head over to Eph2810.