Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thankful Thursday



1. I am thankful for our beautiful weather. I know many parts of the country are having weather that is anything but beautiful, and our gorgeous Pacific Northwest is definitely blessed!

2. I am thankful for kind, patient, and supportive baseball coaches for Chance. They really care about the kids, and work hard to make sure each one has a positive experience.

3. I am thankful that the parents on Chance's baseball team are positive and supportive. No one is negative toward players, the other team, etc. There doesn't seem to be a lot of politics on the team about who is playing where, what the batting order is, etc. Everyone is just giving it their all to make sure the kids are put first. It's neat to see.

4. I am thankful for my job. That I work with some really neat people - some of whom are great friends. We can share workloads, frustrations, triumphs, and jokes. It makes the day go so much faster to spend it with people you like to be around.

5. I am thankful for Matt. He is working so hard this week. I know he's having some hard times, being forced to choose what activities to make and which ones he can miss - he doesn't want to miss any! Still, I am thankful for the provider that he is. I am thankful for his work ethic, which doesn't allow him to slack off on the job. And, I'm thankful that the times he does have to miss things, he doesn't just blow it off - he really takes it to heart, and considers the boys' feelings.

6. I am thankful for Darla and her family. I am thankful that we can trade babysitting, boy watching, occasional daycare pickups, and even a meal here and there - it keeps us both more sane, keeps a little more money in each of our pockets, and it's just plain comforting to know there is someone you can call on day or night that you trust to help out with your kids.

7. I am thankful for my brother. That he is having a great week. That we got to have quality time with him last weekend. That we got to spend time with his girlfriend Maggie. That she has been such a perfect addition to his life so far. Lots and lots to be thankful for on that front . . .

8. On this Mother's Day weekend - I am so thankful for my mom. What a wonderful lady God placed as the head-woman-in-charge in my life. I couldn't ask for anything more . . .

9. I am thankful for Matt's mom, Verna. I'm thankful for the son that she raised--the time, energy, and love that she put into that boy really paid off!!

10. I am thankful that Maggie's Aunt Mary is in remission. I am thankful for answered prayers - whether answered how we hope for, or maybe in a completely different way. I am thankful for a sovereign God that I can praise no matter how the prayer was answered.

I hope you all have a fantastic week, with much to be thankful for. For more Thankful Thursday posts, head over to Eph2810.

14 comments:

eph2810 said...

I am so glad to read that your son's baseball team is so great. It is very rare today to see the support of the children--not the competition. I think that children are already under a lot of stress. I think they just want to have fun--it is great that they can do it with so much support.

Cool that Darla and you have such a great relationship that you help each other out with the children. Great to have an awesome 'support system'.

Thank you so much for sharing your thankfulness with us this week.

Be blessed today and always.

Denise said...

What a lovely, thankful list.

Pearls of Wisdom said...

What a beautiful post! Baseball is so great for little kids, and you are right the coaches are wonderful . I am so glad you have great weather . I love the spring too:) Have a great week.

Angel ( Angel Mama Pearls of Wisdom)

Crystal said...

What a great thankful post.....thanks for sharing it!
Blessings

Addie said...

You have so much to be thankful for and just reading your list blesses my heart. You have such a great support team around you. Thanks for sharing it

Chrixean said...

Praise God for his answers to our prayers! True, they may not be what we asked for, but we can be rest assured that His answer is what is always best for us. :-)

NspiredByFaith said...

What a great list of thankfuls! Thank you for sharing them.

kissesfromheaven said...

What a great list of thanks. It's so important to have good coaches for the kids, and the parents are good also. We've experienced the opposite. Blessings on your weekend.

smarshmallow said...

What a wonderful thankfuls list. You are truly blessed. Thank you for sharing with everyone!!

Love in Christ,
~Candi (Homekeeper at Heart)

Susanne said...

Thanks for sharing your list...you are truly blessed! Have a great day!

Laurel Wreath said...

What an awesome list you listed, it was like sitting with a warm cup of coffee. Very comforting!

I praise God for wonderful husbands who balance home and work, also.

And I too am thankful for sports and the wonderful people involved. It makes the whole experience worth it.

Have a great day.

Kathleen Marie said...

Wonderful! So much to be thankful for! God is just so good. I just left SF and my daughter...the weather was PERFECT!

Deena said...

Thanks for sharing your list with us. You have a lot to be thankful for, and your appreciation shines through each post!

Darla said...

We are both so blessed...
Hope you have a great birthday.