Thursday, May 3, 2007

Thankful Thursday


We watched The Pursuit of Happyness last night, so my thankful post today is just so basic, but it's what is on my heart, and what I often take for granted.
1. I am thankful for our home. That it is warm. I often complain about the cleaning, upkeep, drive to town, etc. Lord, forgive me for that. Thank you for giving us shelter.
2. I am thankful that we always have enough food to eat. I have never had to go without a meal that wasn't my own choice. I have never had to stress about what to feed the kids that night. Lord, forgive me for the times I've complained about cooking dinner each night, or that I didn't know what to make. Thank you for giving us enough food that we have choices each day.
3. I am thankful that I have never had to sleep in a subway restroom, or on the subway, because that was safer than sleeping on the street. Lord, please forgive me for the times I worried that my pillow wasn't comfortable, complained about Matt stealing the covers, or that I didn't get quite enough sleep. Thank you for a comfortable bed, warm blankets, and a quiet room to sleep in.
4. I am thankful that I don't even know whether our town has somewhere that a homeless person can go to sleep. But, Lord, please forgive me that I don't know that - I could have helped them by now.
5. I am thankful that Matt and I both have jobs - good ones. I am thankful we live in a country where we have the freedom to choose those jobs.
Everyday, the Lord gives me so many small blessings - blessings I start to take for granted. So, I am very thankful for this movie, which was a good one, that reminded me that none of this is to be taken for granted. I am fed, clothed, sheltered, and warm each day - and not by accident. THANK YOU, LORD!
For more Thankful Thursday entries, head over to Eph2810 and check them out!


8 comments:

Deena said...

I haven't seen the movie yet, but everyone I know who has tells me "You gotta watch this movie!"

Thanks for reminding me that I am blessed...and to not take it for granted...

Denise said...

Beautiful post, bless you.

Nise' said...

I sat through the movie with your same thoughts! Thanks for sharing today.

Terri @ In His Hands said...

I'm afraid to see that movie--the previews made me cry!

Wonderful list and good reminder to be thankful for all the things we tend to take for granted.

It's a FLIP-FLOP World said...

Don't we always take things that we have for granted??? I have the movie here from Netflix just need to find the time to see it. I know that we take things too easily here in America. I need to stop and be more thankful too. My list is up if you care to go read...Sandy

Love Bears All Things said...

We are all so blessed in this country! I'm guilty of taking the everyday things for granted. Thanks for sharing.

Monkey Giggles said...

Thank you for sharing your heart.

eph2810 said...

I have never heard about this movie. I have to check it out :)

I know that I have complained about the same things you have listed in your post--especially about the cooking part. It is good to be reminded sometimes how blessed we are.

Thank you so much for sharing your thankfulness with us this week.

Blessings to you and yours.