We watched The Pursuit of Happyness last night, so my thankful post today is just so basic, but it's what is on my heart, and what I often take for granted.
1. I am thankful for our home. That it is warm. I often complain about the cleaning, upkeep, drive to town, etc. Lord, forgive me for that. Thank you for giving us shelter.
2. I am thankful that we always have enough food to eat. I have never had to go without a meal that wasn't my own choice. I have never had to stress about what to feed the kids that night. Lord, forgive me for the times I've complained about cooking dinner each night, or that I didn't know what to make. Thank you for giving us enough food that we have choices each day.
3. I am thankful that I have never had to sleep in a subway restroom, or on the subway, because that was safer than sleeping on the street. Lord, please forgive me for the times I worried that my pillow wasn't comfortable, complained about Matt stealing the covers, or that I didn't get quite enough sleep. Thank you for a comfortable bed, warm blankets, and a quiet room to sleep in.
4. I am thankful that I don't even know whether our town has somewhere that a homeless person can go to sleep. But, Lord, please forgive me that I don't know that - I could have helped them by now.
5. I am thankful that Matt and I both have jobs - good ones. I am thankful we live in a country where we have the freedom to choose those jobs.
Everyday, the Lord gives me so many small blessings - blessings I start to take for granted. So, I am very thankful for this movie, which was a good one, that reminded me that none of this is to be taken for granted. I am fed, clothed, sheltered, and warm each day - and not by accident. THANK YOU, LORD!
For more Thankful Thursday entries, head over to Eph2810 and check them out!