Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Colton, The Humbler


Just in case I ever get too big of a head, and think I've got the world covered, one of my kids brings me right back down to earth.


We celebrated Colton's birthday on Sunday. Earlier in the week, we went to Wal-Mart, and picked out the cutest Happy Feet cake - made of individual cupcakes. I'm not sure I ever want to make a birthday cake again.


So, here is Colton's phone conversation with his Aunt Lori on the phone last night. Please keep in mind that I am totally assuming Lori's side of the conversation, since I could only hear Colton's side.


Colt - Hi. Thanks for the $10.


Lori - Did you put it in your piggy bank?


Colt - I ALREADY DID!!


Lori - Did you have a happy birthday?


Colt - Yeah, I got a new blanket, some tractors . . . .


Lori - Did you have a birthday cake?


Colt - Yes! It was Happy Feet!


Lori - Did your mom make it for you?


Colt - No, my mommy didn't make it - the Wal-Mart did!

No comments: