Monday, April 23, 2007

Just an Old Grandpa

Colton and I had a great weekend camping with my mom and dad. Judd and Maggie joined us for much of the time, as well as Theresa and her girls. You know it's been a successful camping trip when the kids are exhausted and the adults are relaxed - and that's what we accomplished!


The following is a conversation between Colton and my dad - who Colt and Chance call "Papa Chuck."


Papa - Colton, let's go throw some horseshoes. Then, when we get back, it will be time to "break camp". That's what the cowboys used to say when they were travelling in the West.


Colton - You are not a cowboy!


Papa - Well, sure I am.


Colton - Look at your feet. Those are not cowboy boots, they are just tennis shoes.


Papa - If I'm not a cowboy, then what am I?


Colton - Yer just an old Grandpa!


Papa - You know, there are Grandpas that are cowboys, too! You can be both.


Colton - Sometimes people can be cowboys and grandpas . . . . .



. . . . . . but you, are, not.

No comments: