Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mom!

It is my mom's birthday today, so I thought I'd share what I did for her present. I took a great idea from Big Picture Scrapbooking, and made her a book full of things that her grandkids thought about her. I made each grandchild answer the following questions:

1. What is something Grandma D always says to you?
2. What makes Grandma D happy?
3. What makes Grandma D sad?
4. How does Grandma D make you laugh?
5. What was Granma D like as a little girl?
6. How old is Grandma D?
7. How tall is Grandma D?
8. What is Grandma D’s favorite thing to do?
9. What does she do when her grandkids aren’t around?
10. What is your favorite thing about Grandma D’s house?
11. What is Grandma D really good at?
12. What is Grandma D not very good at?
13. If Grandma D was a candy, what kind would she be?
14. What is Grandma D’s favorite food?
15. What makes you proud of Grandma D?
16. If Grandma D were a cartoon character, who would she be?
17. What do you and Grandma D do together?
18. How are you and Grandma D the same?
19. How are you and Grandma D different?
20. How do you know Grandma D loves you?

The book turned out great, and my mom loved it (I gave it to her a day early). Here are the answers to one of the questions:

If Grandma D was a candy, what kind would she be?
Elyse – A 3 Musketeers bar – perfect on the outside & inside
Laura – Chocolate, because she’s yummy
Claire – A kiss
Chance – Chocolate egg
Emma – Peppermint candy cane
Grace – Lemon candy
Colton – Chocolate chips

Happy Birthday, Mom! Hope you have a wonderful day . . .

1 comment:

Darla said...

Heather,
I'm so glad you were able to get this finished for your mom. How awesome!! I'm going to steal the idea for my mom... Thanks for the great idea...