Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My Kids' Second Mom . . .

I've been contemplating this post for awhile, not quite sure how to go about it. It is one of the most important things in our lives, yet so hard to quantify. Every working mother out there will know exactly what I'm talking about within about 2 words . . .Quality Daycare. When you have found the right person/persons to watch over your children while you are at work, you just absolutely know it. When it's not quite right, even just little, seemingly petty things - your whole world might as well be 10 degrees off balance.

I have been in both situations - all of us crying at the door in the morning, because they don't want to stay and I don't want to leave them - and all of us crying in the evening, because they aren't ready to leave their home-away-from-home, and I am struggling in this place between jealousy and utter thankfulness to have found the right spot for my children.

What a blessing - the place I'm in right now is the latter of the two situations. I have been blessed with the absolute most wonderful lady in the entire universe to watch over my children during the day. Tina is far and above more than I ever could have hoped for--thankfully, God doesn't restrict himself to the power of our imaginations - He goes ahead and does things more mightily than we could ever dream.

I put about 90 miles on my car every day, driving to Tina's, then to work, then back to Tina's, and home. Seems like a lot - but I would make that choice over and over again for the peace of mind I get when I know my children are loved and well-cared for. She is one of the most special ladies I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Thanks, Tina!

1 comment:

Darla said...

Heather,
We are both so blessed to have the daycares we have.... I remember feeling jealous when my older kids were going... It's just such a relief knowing they are in such great care.
P.S. This blog thing is becoming addictive *lol* I check yours as much as Janey Paney's *lol*