Friday, February 23, 2007

Friends . . .

Just a few thoughts today about friends. Don't know why this is my post today, but let's see where it goes . . .



This is a pic of my son Chance and his cousin/friend Wyatt.

  1. I am so very blessed by the friends the God has allowed me to share my life with. The most of which is my husband, who thankfully is my best friend.
  2. Family - my family members are my friends. I still call my mom and dad almost everyday, and share great friendships with my brothers and sister. What a blessing!
  3. Activities - I share interests with many of my friends, and it is a great way to keep our relationships strong. Even where there is distance, a camping weekend can have everyone caught up and laughing like we saw each other yesterday. My scrap booking ladies are some of the best group to touch my life in recent years.
  4. Tragedy - whenever it strikes, you know who your friends are in an instant - and what a comfort that is. Why does Chicken Tetrazini taste like the most gourmet Italian meal when a friend brings it over in your time of need? And, just as important, knowing how fond we are of sweets, there never seems to be a shortage of cookies, brownies, and other just plain comfort food whenever we are in need.
  5. Laughter - my friends make me remember how to laugh. At myself. At my kids. At my situation. It never fails to make things better - even if only just a little bit. And to share common experiences, and be able to laugh at both sides of them, is just truly priceless.
  6. Timeless - I recently got an e-mail to send out to your friends. It was about 15 questions, and you were supposed to fill it out and send it back to your friend to see how much you really knew about them. Things like middle name, color of eyes, music preference, etc. It was so fun to get the answers back from everyone, but I was struck by the great deal of knowledge my best friend from Kindergarten still has about me. Somehow, that is just cool.
  7. Comfort - all of the above things lead to this. What a comfort it is to be surrounded by those that God knows are a perfect complement to your life. Thank you to all my friends - my childhood friends, my girlfriends, my family friends, and my best friend. My life would not be the same without you!

2 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I love the picture of Chase and Wyatt...I also appreciate your frienship.

Darla said...

I love pic of Chance....but why not us in our "St. Patty hats " *lol*