Thursday, February 8, 2007

A Day In The Life . . .

Wow, what a week. Someday, I'm not going to be able to say that. Someday, just for 1 week, I'm going to be able to look back and say, "Wow, that was a pretty 'normal' week." And I will probably be bored out of my mind that week, and wishing for some action. Who knows . . .

I am making a Valentine's gift for Matt, but I am dreadfully behind on it. I have the pictures chosen, but not scanned. I have completed my side of the journaling, but Matt has not completed his side. So, this procrastination is 1/2 my fault, and 1/2 his fault. It feels so much better to only have 1/2 the blame. And, it's only the 8th - in the life of a scrapbooker, this deadline is still very doable!

I went to see my brother on Friday. That was a tough experience. I'm sure more for him than for us, but I hope we put a little bit of a bright spot in his week. The visiting room at work release is just this probably 15 x 15 room with 4 conference tables in there. So, each family picks a table, and the 4 inmates who have visits scheduled for that 1/2 hour get to come in and talk. Not much privacy, but there's not supposed to be. Sad how many little, little kids were there--and that's the only time the see mom or dad. Just to look around, I know my brother is so much better than that place--but probably most people there think that, huh? There are a couple preachers in there. My first reaction to that was a disappointment at how they have ruined their testimony. Then, I quickly thought of all the times I've ruined my testimony and quieted my thoughts. I hope to see my brother at least every couple of weeks, but it will not be an easy thing--I can only hope it is helping his spirits, even if only just a little bit.

My mom is doing great with her recovery. She is up and around and so far listening to all the doctors are advising. I got to stay with her for awhile on Tuesday while dad had meetings, then the boys got sick, so we left quickly so as not to spread our bad fortune . . .

Which brings me to the rest of the week. Home with sick boys. There is a part of you that enjoys that snuggly, needy little guy that actually wants your help and presence. There is the other part of you that is trying to hard not to throw up while cleaning up. We fought stomach flu and fevers in both boys the better part of the next two nights and a day in between. Thankfully, everyone is so much better this morning, and starting to get that mishcevious spark back in the eyes . . .

Now, if I could just squeeze in a decent chunk of time to wear the wife hat - maybe go out to dinner and have some adult conversation with my husband. That hat would sure be comfy right about now . . .

1 comment:

Susan said...

Isn't it amazing that our brains allow us to be all those things!?! Some days I feel like gumby, being stretched in 100 different directions, and then I rest and wonder what I would do with my time anyway? I'm so excited to see your blog. Welcome to bloggityville!