Friday, February 16, 2007

Crème Brûlée

It really doesn't get any better than this . . .

On Valentine's Day, I arrived at work to find my sneaky husband had gotten to my office before me to leave a fresh vase of a dozen roses with a card on my desk. What a way to start the day!

Since it was Wendesday, that is a church night for us - so we went to bible study as usual. And, our romantic Valentine's dinner was beef stew and breadsticks at the "simple supper" our church puts on each Wednesday night for bible-study-goers, choir practicers, teachers, and kids. This was actually great with me - anytime I can feed the family for $2 a head, and I don't have to cook it - hey, that reduction in stress is pretty darn romantic!

We got home, gave the boys a few Valentine's treats, and shuttled them off to bed.

And, then, for my Valentine's present, Matt brings out the largest Crème Brûlée I have ever seen. He is well aware that this is my favorite dessert, as well he is aware of the fact that I haven't found a restaurant version that's as good as the stuff he makes. Folks, it was in a PIE PLATE! And, all for me! He said that those ramekins we usually use always make you feel like you didn't quite get enough - and he wanted me to be able to eat until I thought I'd had enough! Let me tell you, we put quite a dent in it! But, there was still enough for me to have some nibbles for breakfast - hey, it's eggs and milk - I call that breakfast food!

I know, at this point in the post, that if I was a good blogger, I'd have taken a picture of said Crème Brûlée for you to see. Alas, I did not, and all that's left now is an empty pie plate. I promise, I will get better at this, and will include appropriate visual aids from this point forward.

We missed The Office last night - another visit to Wenatchee. Thankfully, we had the DVR set to record, and even more thankfully, Future Heather did not fax me any information that will give away show details before I have a chance to see them ;-) So, I will catch up tonight, and I will know what the closing remarks on BooMama's blog meant today.

2 comments:

Darla said...

You didn't save me any?????

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Yum! I LOVE Creme Brulee and I think Matt's right...a pie plate, indeed. I'm going to remember that one.

Oh, oh. The Office last night WAS funny.